Sunday, October 26, 2008

Early birthday surprise...

On Saturday, after the Fall Carnival, Jimmy asked me if I wanted to go out for some spinach artichoke dip at TGIFridays while the girls were at the movies. Sounded like a good idea to me, I'm always up for some one on one time with my husband. I had recently bought some frozen dip from WalMart and while it was good, it wasn't the same as the real thing from the real restaurant.

We arrived at TGIF at about 4:30, were seated at a booth and started looking at the menu when, all of a sudden, Jimmy's eyes sorta lite up and he grabed me by the hand to take me to another part of the restaurant to see someone he knew. I tried to stop him and said that we couldn't just leave our table, we hadn't even seen out waitress yet. He told me it would be fine and just to come with him.

As we turned the corner to the back room of Fridays, I was looking for who he could possibly be trying to go and see...was it someone I knew? Well...yes it was...it was almost my entire family...sitting at the long table near the windows. WHAT A BIG SURPRISE!!!!! There was my parents, both my sisters, my brother in law, my cousin and my aunt. The only one missing was my brother, who is currently in Florida at Gator Homecoming. Well, none of my kids were there either, but that was OK. If I can't have all of them, then I would rather have none of them. It was a nice adult dinner.

The funny part was the blow up walker they had at my chair and the coke bottle glasses. The ironic part is I have actually had to use a walker before, and I wasn't even 40 yet. I got nice gifts from everyone and we had a really good time. The spinach dip was great too. It was nice being surprised, that is not an easy thing to do in our family. Too many of us have big mouths and let things slip accidentally. I had actually talked to Lynn earlier in the day and she didn't let on at all. I love my family so much and am thankful for every day I have with them. Being with all of them so close to my special day was gift enough.

4 comments:

Fran said...

It was a real pleasure to pull off that surprise. Hope the real day on Tuesday will be a great one. See you soon, I hope.

Anonymous said...

OH - those kind of surprises ARE nice. Too bad that I am still at the stage where my surprises are (1) the dogs rip apart a new bedspread since someone left my bedroom door open, (2) my daughter comes out of the bathroom after having applied "kisses" (lipstick), or (3) trying to print with no paper, b/c my son has cut all the paper into squares for his oragami (which he is good at, but not good at the cutting!).

Yeah, so diggin' your surprise :)

Wayne said...

Sorry I couldn't be there. Sounds like it was fun. Happy birthday!

Lynn said...

Some surprises are nice. Glad you had fun. I love you.