Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Carnival...

Every fall, for the past 4 years, we have gone to the Fall Carnival at the girl's school. It is the biggest fund raiser of the year and they always have a great time. They have the typical carnival events, such as booths where you win prizes, large inflatable jumping things, food, face painting, and they spray colors in your hair. It usually lasts about 4 hours and at the end of all of it, they have the raffle basket drawings. This year they also had Irish Dancing. Not to do, but to watch. Those girls, of various ages, were so good. I love that type of dance and I was hoping that by watching, one of my girls might express and interest in learning. Didn't happen...they enjoyed the dancing, but did not beg me to let them take lessons or anything. Oh well.

Sara went for the two color look this year. It was pretty cool to see that the colors she picked matched her glasses so well. I can't wait to see the water in the tub tonight. Carmel did her hair with blue and silver. It was pretty cool too, but it wore off due to the windy day. The more you move you r hair around the less color you end up with.

The best jumping thingy was the slide, otherwise known as STJ's House of Bounce. If you do it just right, you can get a fairly high bounce or two on the way down. I love the way pics look when you catch someone in mid-bounce. This is the one they enjoyed the most. Usually, you buy tickets and each ride costs a different number of tickets, but you can also buy a wrist band for one flat fee and enjoy all of the rides and booths endlessly. That is what we typically do. It keeps them from running up to me every few minutes asking for more tickets or money.

While we were waiting in line for another bouncer Steven called. I look forward to his weekend phone calls because that is when the girls get to talk. So Carmel got to speak for a couple of minutes, eventhough it was hard to hear with all of the noise and she didn't want to loose her place in line. The bad part was that Sara was across the field in another jumper. After Carmel finished her chat I headed over to Sara. I got the chance to talk while we waited for her to finish her jumping and then she got to talk. She did really well, she actually didn't cry this time. It helps to be distracted.


We ended the day watching other people win all of the raffle baskets. We had all bought a ticket or two and Carmel earned a free ticket for selling at least 10. Unfortunately, we didn't win anything. Carmel was quite upset. I was not too dissappointed as I never win anything. At least I am prepared not to win, unlike Carmel.

At the moment, the girls are off to see a movie with one of the neighbors and should be gone for a little while. I think Jimmy and I are going to go find something to do. If I can get him to wake up that is.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fran said...

Oh, that wild looking hair!!! I love it!.. I remember going to Fall carnivals from the time I started school until I graduated. I loved it, too.