On Tuesday night, Patrick and I went to the local Halloween attraction known as Pinhead's Graveyard. It's like a haunted house, only it takes place outside. Basically, you walk on a trail, in the dark, and encounter all of the horror movie main characters.
We were the first people there and were not real sure where to go exactly. So we started down what looked like an unpaved driveway only to find what looked like the end of the adventure. Patrick thought it was wrong and was a little spooked and we went back to the parking lot to wait for more people to arrive. Which happened pretty soon. Because it was the middle of the week and still early in the season, there weren't too many people there. In fact, I think that he and I and the 4 other people that arrived, were the only ones.
We had to wait for an additional 10 -15 minutes before they let us start. The whole thing took about 20 min to get through, it was a combo of funny and scary. Funny...because the two teenage girls that were in our group were screaming and acting like it was all real and stuff. I was not really scared but was a little freaked out by Freddie and the creepy clown from Stephen Kings "It". Over all, it was really fun and provided some good bonding time for me and Patrick. He went in costume, to some degree. He had placed a bullet hole in the middle of his forehead. He is quiet good at the makeup thing. It didn't look completly real, but it wasn't too fake either. The bad part is, he had a allergic reaction to the makeup and his eyes were almost swollen shut the next day. He is much better now.
We were the first people there and were not real sure where to go exactly. So we started down what looked like an unpaved driveway only to find what looked like the end of the adventure. Patrick thought it was wrong and was a little spooked and we went back to the parking lot to wait for more people to arrive. Which happened pretty soon. Because it was the middle of the week and still early in the season, there weren't too many people there. In fact, I think that he and I and the 4 other people that arrived, were the only ones.
We had to wait for an additional 10 -15 minutes before they let us start. The whole thing took about 20 min to get through, it was a combo of funny and scary. Funny...because the two teenage girls that were in our group were screaming and acting like it was all real and stuff. I was not really scared but was a little freaked out by Freddie and the creepy clown from Stephen Kings "It". Over all, it was really fun and provided some good bonding time for me and Patrick. He went in costume, to some degree. He had placed a bullet hole in the middle of his forehead. He is quiet good at the makeup thing. It didn't look completly real, but it wasn't too fake either. The bad part is, he had a allergic reaction to the makeup and his eyes were almost swollen shut the next day. He is much better now.
I just found out yesterday from one of my work friends, who is a paramedic, that they recently found a skeleton near the same property that they use for this haunted trail...seems it may be haunted for real. HUMMMMM. Glad I didn't know that ahead of time.
Tomorrow Jimmy and I are taking the girls apple picking. We haven't been since the first fall we moved up here. I think it is about time we went again. Patrick was supposed to go with us but his work schedule was changed and now he has to work at 11 am. So it will be just the four of us. After we get finished, we are going to Mom and Dad's for a visit, fishing(the guys), and dinner. It should be a nice day. I will make sure I post when I get home, or maybe while I am there. Who knows.
1 comment:
You are going to be here for lunch, aren't you? Are you still going apple pickin?
Post a Comment