Friday was so much fun. I got up early, as usual, to get the girls off to school and then went to Dunkin Donuts to get my pupkin spice latte so I could warm my insides while going on my walk. It was a cool morning and the hot drink felt good. I walked for about 1 hour, not too fast since my foot and leg still bother me somewhat. After my walk I stopped by my sister's work to take her some rechargable batteries. We visited for a few minutes, which was nice, I don't get to see either one of my sisters enough.
After leaving Bonnie, I went to the store for a few last minute Halloween items and headed home to get ready. I started the mac for the mac and cheese I was going to take to the party at the hospital. I look forward to the hospital halloween party every year. I request the day off but then I dress up and go in to help with the parade. We dress up the kids in costumes and take them trick or treating throughout the hospital. We go to places that are prearranged, including to the CEO's office. Our Child Life team dresses as a theme, as does the Management Team. This year I was again invited to be part of the Child Life team, mostly because I come in every year anyway, but also because we have to have a nurse in the group in case any of the kids have problems. We have a potluck lunch and most of the staff dress up in costume. We, being the Peds unit, are the only ones allowed to dress up. Don't we feel special.



Once the festivities at the hospital were finished, I had to rush home, but not before going back to Bonnie's work to show her my costume. Carmel was home by herself so I didn't have long. I got home, stayed in costume to go and get Sara from the dance at the Middle School. She had a good time, and I think she was glad she went. We came home quickly to get the girls ready for the night. Patrick was already home getting the yard ready and getting his costume and makeup on. I seems hard to believe that I have been doing the Halloween thing with my kids for the last 19 years. I think they have been just about everything. We have had a clown, fairy, hobo, blue meanie, baseball player, ballet dancer, duck, zombies, hippies...the list goes on. We still have a few good years of trick or treating, then the girls will take over for Patrick and make the house all spooky for the little kids.
That I what Patrick has been doing for the last 4 years. He dresses up creepy and sets the mood outside the house and scares all the kids. It was pretty cool that kids come by that have been here before and look forward to seeing what he has going on. Some kids are scared and some aren't. This year he cut things a little short so that he could go to a party. Actually, he and his girlfriend skipped the party and went bowling in costume instead.
Since this Halloween wasn't on a school night I decided to take the girls to Kennelworth to see the pumpkins and other decorations. They do a real good job in that neighborhood. It was fun and cool to see, but it was also getting colder and my feet were killing me, se we didn't stay long. Next year we will go again and spend more time enjoying the sights.
Well, I guess I have killed enough time, and I do need to be getting to work. Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend. I wish I didn't have to go to work, but I do.
4 comments:
Love the eyes in the windows!
I think what you do at that hospital so over and above the hard work, that is a given for nurses, is just fantastic. your pics are great nd I love your costume.
awww. my friends!!! how cute!
Patrick's costume was awesome! I wish there were more of me so I could ahve been in two places at once. This is the first year I did not do anything for Halloween. No jack-o-lanterns or candy or anything. Though Hunter had some friends over and Beth and Gabe came over and we played games for a while. It was fun. Your Mad Hatter costume was really great, too! You're fantastic!
Post a Comment