The girls look forward to this day all month. We pick out our pumpkins about mid October, but wait until the weekend before Halloween to carve them. Yesterday wasn't a good day to take on such a task due to all of the activities we had going on, so I knew it would have to be this afternoon. (I will talk about how Saturday went after the carnival in the next post, this one is reserved for pumpkins.)
Usually, I clean out the insides and let the girls design and carve their own pumpkins, but this year Carmel wanted to scoop out all the guts herself. Well, I loosened them and she scooped. Sara doesn't like sticking her hands in all that slime and goop, so she gladly let me do her scooping. They did a pretty good job of designing, I copied the design on the pumpkin and then they carve. Carmel has an interesting way of carving, don't you think? I don't know of too many people who lay down while carving. It works for her. She still gets a little frustrated and thinks she doesn't do a very good job, but I reassure her that she gets better every year and it gets easier year after year. She will be a pro in no time.
I am proud of the two new additions to our Halloween decorations. I can hardly wait to get candles in them and see them all a'glow. The bad part is Patrick won't let them be on the porch on Halloween night, they don't go with the theme. That's OK, we can place them in the parking spaces instead. Look for more pics of Halloween to come soon.

3 comments:
I think Carmel's pumpkin is great. so is Sara's. They carve very well. Who cares if one wants to lie down? Whatever works! They (the pumpkins) are beautiful as are my granddaughters...
Those look like great pumpkins Great job Carmel and Sara.
Yeah, tell Carmel she's already a pro. That pumpkin kicks butt.
"Patrick says they don't go with the theme." I love it.
Post a Comment