The last couple of days sure have been crazy. We had initially been told that he would be leaving on New Years Day and whe
Another benefit of have an additional day was that we were able to try and track down the shower shoes he was going to need. Have you ever tried to buy flip flops in the winter? It was an impossible task. Thank God sister Bonnie and brother John were there to help. Steven and I drove out to Fletcher in the snow to pick up some soccer slides, perfect for the shower. It was also nice because he was able to spend time with some of the family he had not had the chance to say goodbye to.
As it is right now, Steven is spending the night in Charlotte before flying to Kentucky tomorrow. Basic training for him will be at Fort Knox and will begin officially in another week or so. He will have 12 weeks of basic and then immediately start his job training, which will take an additional 5 weeks (I think). So He will be due to graduate in Late April or Early May. About 3 weeks before graduation he will be told where he will be stationed. He does get to put his favorite locations on a wish list so to speak, but there are no guarentees. I am not sure he knows where he wants to go but he may put Germany or Italy on his list. Those locations are very hard to get however, so he will need to put some type of realistic base as well.
He was excited and slightly nervous at the same time. He was disappointed when he didn't get to leave yesterday and we decided not to call and tell anyone because he didn't want to say bye all over again. I hope everyone understands. He called me tonight from Charlotte and sounded good. He was going to bed soon in anticipation of having to get up at 0400. My next contact from him will probably
Please keep him in your prayers. He is in for a very exhausting next few months. And he will need all the support and positive thoughts we can muster.

4 comments:
What a tough time! I am glad you got another 24 hours, and completely understand about not letting everyone know. That would've been just too much to deal with. He's in all of our prayers. Love you all!
I am glad things are progressing along now. It gets rough when departures get crazy. He is definitely in our prayers as are the rest of the family for coping strengths. Much love,
Mom
I hope you are hangin in there with Steven gone! See ya at work! - Julian
I haven't read or written any blogs in a couple of weeks so I'm just catching up on yours, though we have talked some between all these. I definitely think of Steven often and remember to pray for him and you all as well. Love ya!
Post a Comment