I got 2 letters from Steven today. There seems to be a little longer of a delay in the mail because they were written 4-5 days ago and came on the same day. At the time of his letters he had received my first 2 which I think were written nearly 2 weeks ago.
Anyway, he wrote about some things that he did not tell me in either of the 2 phone calls I have received. First of all he said he was made squad leader and could possible be promoted to Platoon guide. He is interested in going to Airborn training. He is wanting to take advantage of each and ever learning opportunity. He is still very excited about the whole experience.
He also talked about the meals, from his discription he is definately getting plenty to eat, just not much time in which to eat it. Hopefully, it won't be much longer before he begins to get letters from other family members. He gets 1 hour per day of personal time and he has Sundays off. He says he is going to church on Sundays for some quiet reflective time in which he can think about God and other things. He also says he goes because no one yells at him in church.
He is really becoming a man and I am so proud of him. All of these changes are difficult for me to grasp sometimes but I am so thankful for the support of my family and friends. Thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and well wishes they are very comforting. I think that's all for tonight. I am going to get off here and write my son a little letter. :)
3 comments:
It's nice to hear how Steven is doing out there. I'm enjoying spying on my cousins blogs. :)
Love you guys!
What is Stevens address?
I am so glad to get a comment from you. I thought i sent everyone his address but maybe I have a bad address for you. It has been a while I think. I will try again, i suppose Beth has your current e-mail. Love you too, M
Glad to hear he is doing well, it does sound like he is becoming a man. I finally mailed his card yesterday. I have another one I will send in a couple of days.
love ya sis
Post a Comment