Monday, January 28, 2008

Pizza on the mountain


On this past Sat the family had our latest get together at Mom and Dad's. I think everyone had a really good time. I know I did. The theme, or menu, this time was build your own pizza. Dad made all the crusts from scratch, which were delicious. All everyone else had to bring was the toppings, sauce, and cheese. The girls and I had a fresh veggie pizza. Sara wanted fresh spinach and broccoli and Carmel wanted peppers and olives. We ended up making 2 of those and 1 just cheese. There were so many different types of pizza being made it was hard to keep up, but everything looked and smelled great. If there was to be a winner for the most toppings it would have to go to Andy. I am not even sure of everything he had on his but I know that there were more toppings than crust. It looked awesome.



While we were there, Bonnie had the opportunity to feed and play with Carmel's new babies. As this picture shows, she takes her job very seriously. However, you can also tell from this picture that Sara doesn't. Sara was supposed to be watching the other baby and playing with her while Oliver was being fed. I sure hope DSS doesn't get ahold of this picture. Looks like shaken baby syndrome to me.







You can even tell by this picture that Sara likes to be a little evil. Actually, I just love this picture of her. She was laying upsidedown in the recliner and I couldn't resist snapping a pic. She was feeling pretty good after her game earlier in the morning. All the kids on her team worked very hard to help her score, but she still wasn't successful. It certainly wasn't for a lack of trying. She had a lot of close shots but none went in. Maybe next game.






Carmel, on the other hand, didn't have quite as good a night. Just before we were about to do cake for the birthday girls, she decided to read the comments from various family that were left on a card for Steven. She really misses him and unfortunately I didn't give her enough time to recover from her sadness before I had her sit for cake, singing, and pictures. As you can see, it didn't go very well. She did eventually cheer up a little and the night went better, but for a few minutes it was more difficult than I could handle.

This much I do know, we are all looking forward to the next family dinner. Not sure when it is yet, but I know it will be entertaining at least.

7 comments:

Wayne said...

Did you have to take the poor girl's picture? And then, to add insult to injury, post it on your blog?! Sheesh! :)

I wish you'd posted a picture of Andy's pizza.

The picture of Bonnie and Carmel with Sara in the background shaking the baby made me laugh!

Mary said...

I didn't get a chance to get a picture of Andy's pizza, it pretty much went from oven to tummy in no time at all.

Lynn said...

I came to the dinner very depressed, but left with a much lighter feeling.
I really love my family.

Anonymous said...

I got a small piece of Andy's pizza and was it scrumptious! I loved having family here at our home. We have such great times together. I am sorry Carmel was so unhappy. And there was no getting her over it any time soon. I tired and failed miserably. We will look back at these pics and realize how sad she was missing her bro.

Anonymous said...

Well doesn't that all just sound like fun.... We also had a very good time, John made the comment that it was good to see everyone smiling and laughing and having a good time. We must do it again.

Wayne said...

I love how you all are making a regular event of getting together. I like the themed meals, too.

I look forward to joining in on some of these when we get back to the East coast.

When we get back, we need to make a point to do Ayyam-i-Ha together every year, like we used to. Only now we can just do it in Asheville instead of various rental cabins and KOA's.

Mary said...

Sounds like an excellent idea. I can't wait for you guys to get back here where we can get together for long weekends. I know we didn't do that too often in the past but I think we will do better this time.