Thursday, January 17, 2008

A letter to Steven

As many of my family already know I got a letter that was indirectly from Steven giving me his address. Upon getting this letter I told Sara and Carmel that they should write him a letter so he could get some mail. While Sara immediately got teary and was unable to write anything at the time, Carmel got very excited and immediately began a letter. I thought it was so cute and sweet I just had to share it with everyone.

So here it is, in her exact words and spelling:

Dear Steven,
I miss you I hope april cames soon. I have lost erevy game so far. Is it hot or cold there? I have a baskball game toningth at ACS at 6:10 I wot be on tv so do not woch baskball games on tv. patirck is upside down on the couch playing guitar hero 3 legends of rock with mom not guitar hero 2.


She has not signed it yet but I know she is wanting to draw a picture first. She came up with all of that on her own. She is so funny. The part about Patrick is true, he was playing upside down so that I could play on the easy level and he could be challenged. By the way, it has been one of the only times I have ever beat him. The other times were when he played left handed.

While I'm at it let me give an update. I did get a real letter from Steven today. It was written on the same day he called me but he waited to mail it until he was at his actual station so he could give it the right return address. In his letter he does ask for us to write him often even if he doesn't get the chance to write back. It helps him feel not too left out of our lives. They do not have to be long letters, just a postcard or a quick "hey, I'm thinking about you".

On the day he wrote his first letter, while standing in formation, the Bradley tanks rolled by. Those are the tanks that he will be working with. It was very exciting for him to be seeing them for the first time. He said that all he did during reception week was " stand in formation for hours at a time, eat food really fast, talk to all kinds of people, and stand in formation some more."

As I read this letter outloud to everyone, Carmel started to cry. She really does miss him so much. We all miss him, but I know he is doing what he needs to do to feel better about himself. He will be alright. He is a strong willed person and has the determination to succeed. I will definately keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I will be glad to send him a letter or postcard. I liked Carmel's letter, too. Sweet. Love ya!

Fran Eury said...

You know i will write. Carmel's letter was really neat. She's a good thinker about things to say in a letter. Love, Mom

Wayne said...

I thought about writing him from work the other day but couldn't squeeze it in. I'll try to write him soon.