Sunday, January 13, 2008

She's going to be a great mother...someday.

On Friday while shopping at Goodwill we bought Carmel a set of twin baby dolls to take care of. She saw them and just had to have them. The condition was that we would buy them and she could have them once her room was cleaned up. Needless to say, it didn't take too long to get her room cleaned. Of course, Sara and Jimmy helped out. This is also how Sara earned her camera, by the way.

Anyway, she has been very diligent about caring for her twins, named Lily and Oliver. She has been wanting to take them everywhere we go, including WalMart. I have been OK with them accompanying us. with the condition that she has to take care of them, in other words, I will not carry them through the store. Well, today, as we were getting ready for Sunday School, she came to ask if it was OK for her to bring them along. My first thought was...No, because I will end up holding them. I went with my gut and told her this was not the time to take them out. She was worried about them being home alone and I did my best to assure her that her Daddy was going to be home and that he would babysit for her.


The tears began to flow and with those pleading blue eyes, and through her sobs, she said.." I know Daddy, he'll fall asleep. He won't watch them. They won't behave for him." Now, how do you argue with that? The answer....YOU DON'T!!!! The twins went with us.

Jimmy's response to all this? "Guess I'll never have to watch the Grandkids, huh?" What a morning.

She has been very loving and attentive to her little ones. I imagine it won't be long before she gives them up for more interesting toys. But for now she loves them very much. When she realized that she didn't have bottles for them she was a little stressed, until I suggested that she just breastfeed. I think they are currently out for a walk. Speaking of walking...I need to end so I can head to the gym for my daily workout.

3 comments:

Fran Eury said...

I wasn't really prepared to be a great grandmom from my young granddaughter so soon....Mym my! Beautiful babies. Hope Melly continues to take good care of them.

Mary said...

Sara took the pictures.

Wayne said...

She's so cute!