Friday, January 25, 2008

One happy Mama

I had a very pleasant surprise on Wednesday night. It was about 9 pm and I was laying in bed watching TV when the phone rang. I wondered who on Earth would be calling at that hour so I checked the caller ID. It read "Ft. Knox" my heart stopped. I was so excited, could it possibly be an actual phone call from my boy?

It sure was. He had been getting quizzed on some of the information they had been learning and he did well enough to earn a 10 minute phone call. He sounded very good, a little hoarse, but well. He was very excited about all of the things he was learning and accomplishing. He is feeling motivated and supported by his fellow enlistees. He was one of two guys elected to be on the Ironman team or something like that. He was proud of himself for being able to climb the rope not just once but twice. For him this is a big accomplishment because he is afraid of heights. I am so proud of him.

His biggest request is for mail. Even if all anyone can do is send a card or a quick note to say hello he will be thankful. I know I have passed that on already but it is just so important to him that I feel it is necessary to pass it on again. For those of you who have already sent something I thank you very much. I will continue to give updates regularly as I get them.

4 comments:

Wayne said...

I'll write him right now.

Mary said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Love you so much. M

Wayne said...

Just put it in the mail!

Anonymous said...

I just put a letter in the mail last week!