I am currently sitting on a blanket out in my front yard, so to speak. It is such a nice day I decided that I didn't want the girls to have to do their homework in the stuffy house. So we spread out a blanket in front of the apartment in the grass. I turned on my media player and the music suits.
There are just too many days that we spend on the go, between soccer practices and games, work and errands, and other functions, we seldom get time to enjoy the fresh air and relaxing atmosphere. It's not that I hate helping with homework, but there are times when it is too stressful, especially if it is something they don't like to do. Today could have been one of those days because Sara has to write her book letter, but I hope that today will be better...easier maybe. If she is in a zone of peace then maybe she won't mind so much having to do the assignment.
I am sitting right beside a clover patch and occasionally I examine it for four leaf clovers. I never find them, but Sara does. She has a great gift for finding four leaf clovers. Does that have a special meaning? I wonder. I know of one other person who can find them easily and that makes me jealous. I have found ONE in my entire life. Does that mean I am not as lucky? Who knows. If finding them makes you a lucky person...then Sara has got to be one of the luckiest people I know and then in that respect I guess I am lucky because I have her for a daughter.
We got news over the weekend that Steven won't be able to come home with us on the first of May afterall. He has some extra training that he has to attend. I am not in the position to elaborate at this time but he will be able to fill everyone in when he comes. As it stands right now he will be coming home on the 16th of May for a couple of weeks before he reports for duty in Alaska. I will keep everyone updated as I get more info. We are still going to Kentucky for his graduation. I can hardly wait.
Well, I think they are almost done with homework and once that is done we are going to go on a walk. I haven't worked out today because we had a parent-teacher conference with Patrick's teachers and I had a splitting headache so I was not in the mood to workout. But my mood has improved and the girls are eager to walk with me so maybe I will just walk outside today instead of on the treadmill. Believe it or not, I do enjoy being outside for exercise occasionally.
Hope everyone has a bright and sunshine filled afternoon.
3 comments:
What neat things to write about. I feel as if I were there with you enjoying. Love, Mom
Enjoyed this.
I will definitely have a sunshine-filled afternoon. That's pretty much all we get here.
:)
Today is actually a little cool...high of 75. Pretty nice.
Post a Comment