Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Can you say backfire?

I had this kinda brilliant idea that I would follow in my sisters footsteps and try to "fool" my kids by hitting them in the face with a pan of cool whip, but I guess I am not a very good prankster. I t really seemed like a good idea at the time. I had Jimmy get some cool whip and some of those cheap pie pans when he went out to the store and my initial plan was to get Carmel and Sara. I called Carmel into the kitchen and then called Patrick down to be a quiet observer (he was in on the whole plan). At the last minute I decided to try and get Patrick afterall, so when he came down to "watch" I turned the pan toward him. Unfortunately, he is quicker than I am and I pretty much missed him. I did manage to get a lot of cool whip all over the kitchen. At this point I decided to wipe the stuff off my hands and on Carmel's face, which she did not appreciate at all. In fact she cried. Party pooper.

Then I fixed another "pie" and called Sara down so that I could get her. She came down very cautiously, saw me hiding with the offensive dessert, and in a weak moment I decided not to get her because she was about to cry and was begging me not to. As I was standing in the kitchen pouting because I didn't have anyone to play my trick on I had a brief thought to get Jimmy. Only he was holding my camera and I was afraid that it would get messed up. So I was just standing there thinking and all of a sudden...WHAM right in the kisser. That husband of mine totally got me. I couldn't believe I had been stupid enough to just be standing there. What an easy target. I haven't laughed that hard in quiet a while.


Not one of my finer moments I must say. But let me just tell you...I will get revenge. He is in for it and he knows it. I have no idea how, but it will happen. Overall, after having such a stressful day...between the changes and conflict at work and the family issues...I needed a bit of comic relief. I don't think I have ever been hit in the face with a pie before...it was not too bad...kinda funny actually...I highly recommend it. The biggest draw back was having to clean the kitchen floor. I am sure I will find more cool whip in odd places over the next few days. Just a little reminder of the fun we had being APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great April Fools you look like you really had fun. Martha

Fran Eury said...

What a class act! Welcome relief after other issues today. You look pretty swift with pie all over your face... Guess your dad and I are not the only April Fools around. :)

Wayne said...

When you said you turned your attention to getting Jimmy, I thought you were going to say that Jimmy started crying too! Glad he got you. Way to go Jimmy!

Guess we need to train your girls to take a pie in the kisser.

At dinner, Alex got Cristina and me when he said he found a rotten worm in the salad greens. I totally had let my guard down and he really sold it well. Plus, the salad was an organic mix from the school garden, so a worm wasn't out of the question. But I was relieved when it turned out to be a joke!

Mary said...

Alex is one smart kid. He did a much better job than my kids, all Carmel could think to do was say "I don't love you...April Fools" I love kids.

Bonnie and John said...

That is hilarious! My kids actually expressed to me at one point that they thought that it would be fun to be hit in the face with a pie. (don't know where that came from), but none the less, far be it for me to let them down. They really liked it and enjoyed eating all the whip cream from the pan. Gotta love april fools day!

The Cate Family... said...

I can't wait to do that to my kids! See ya at work!