I really don't have much to talk about but I feel like typing for some reason. So I thought I would post a blog. I think I will just start typing and maybe something really profound will pop right out of my head. I really haven't done anything exciting today. I worked out, picked Patrick up from school early, paid the rent, paid a bill, went to Wal-Mart (twice), and watched some TV. Oh yeah, I went to the hospital for a few minutes to get my new schedule and some Dollywood tickets.
Upon leaving Wal-Mart (the first time), I passed a woman who was entering and finishing her filthy cigarette at the same time. She actually blew smoke almost right in my face!!! I coughed and sputtered and complained loudly about it being very rude. I swear I heard her say something to the effect of "then just don't breathe". It took me a second to get that comment and I turned to look at her but she had already gone into the building. What I would have said to that comment would have been " I'll stop breathing if you stop breathing". I could probably last longer anyway. Why do smokers think they have the right to poison the air I breathe? How self centered! I would normally give a "no offense" comment right about here to those of my family and friends who smoke, but I refuse. If you are offended, then maybe you will think twice about how your habit effects others. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. But don't get me wrong...I love you even if you do smoke but I need to be honest about how it makes me feel.
I am about to have to go work for a 3 day stretch...UGGG! As irritating as I find this, I have to be thankful that I don't have to work 6 days in a row, or even 5 for that matter. I told Steven in a letter today that I was just grateful to have a job that I like, when there are so many people out there who either don't have a job or can't work for other reasons, So I need to stop complaining about having to work. It is actually not the work I mind so much, it's the getting up early and the not getting to see my kids play soccer and not getting to spend time with my family. But there could be worse things. I could have no family to miss pending time with.
I guess I have run out of things to ramble on about. I need to go and get the girls ready for practice. They are both practicing today but in 2 different areas, so I will take one and Jimmy with take the other. What an ordeal. It is a good thing I am off today. Oh if you have the time check out my new slide show in the upper right corner of my blog.
7 comments:
Plus, you live in the land of the smokers, so you have to deal with it even more than others.
When I see someone smoking, I can't help but think how weak they look. They probably started smoking because they were socially insecure or didn't know what to do with their hands at a party, or just liked the buzz (all examples of weakness, to me). And now they can't quit because they're addicted (another kind of weakness).
When you see it that way, you tend to pity them more instead of getting angry.
But the flagrant smoke in the face was worthy of a smackdown.
Here, here to the first comment.
I reflect back on my years of working and realize that I was fortunate to have good jobs and good retirement benefits because now, here I am, retired and living on a half way decent income that is stable for the rest of my life without any input from me.
Yes, I miss having excesses of money that enabled us to give our kids and grandkids much more than we can now afford to do. I am learning to live with it... I am thankful we have a home that all members of our family can come to whenever they desire and I know there will be room for them. It was worth the expense to me. Plus, its interest we pay keeps us from having to pay much taxes.
I have to agree with the smoke issue and the work issue. I really dread having to get up early, yes I Bonnie the early bird in the family, dread having to get up. It's not so much having to get up as it is having to leave the snuggles of my husband and my sweet little dog maggie. Yes she sleeps with us. She is just like our child. The rest of the the dogs sleep on the floor around the bed, so you have to step over them when you get up, but we love their company so we don't mind, anyway back to the work issue. I am very grateful that I am able to work, and that I have a job to go to everyday. But in all honesty I am looking forward to the day I can retire!!!!!
Me too!!!!!
I never intended to teach this long, so I'm still waiting for my "real" job some day. But I'm not sure what that is!
I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
I like teaching, but I can't imagine teaching for 18 more years.
well, you all know MY stance on the smoking. I got kicked out of Food Lion for saying something. As for work. I, too, am thankful for a job where my environment is comfortable and clean and mostly pleasant if not at times boring. I don't like getting up by an alarm clock and I don't like not being available to help my children (mostly Evan) with things they might need to keep them going.
I also don't like being single. It rather sucks. All you folks with a special cuddle buddy, thank your lucky stars. I cope, but it gets me down at times.
Post a Comment