Saturday, April 12, 2008

Soccer game at last...

FINALLY...Carmel gat to play in her very first soccer game today. Unfortunately, we have had bad weather every weekend or occasionally bad weather a day or two before a scheduled game. Many of you may be thinking "so what, they can play in the rain." But the county will not let games be played on their fields if they are the slightest bit wet. Anyway, we were thrilled that she was able to play today and so did Sara.

Sara's game was first and they did very well. they have played 4 games so far this season and are making progress. this was only the second time I have been able to see her play and she is getting better. She much more skilled at this than she is at Basketball. Must be in the genes. Sara's game ended up in a tie...1 to 1... she didn't score, but that's OK.


Carmel's game was at 3 pm and it was nice and warm and sunny. What a relief!! I think she is going to be a great player too. If she gets to stay in for more than a few minutes at a time that is. But that is another story for another time. Just let me put it this way...Jimmy and I will be coaching her next year. Her team did manage to win 3 to 2. It is about time she was on a team that can win. She had fun and that is the important part.


The photo below was taken during warm ups and she knew I was taking her picture, that's why she was sticking her tongue out at me. She is so silly...I love her to pieces.

I wish I had more time to give more details but Patrick is bugging me to get going. We are going to a movie with some free movie passes I got from my boss some time ago. I think we are seeing 21 with Jim Sturgess. I'll let you know if it is any good.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Fran Eury said...

Great pics! I am soooo glad that Carmel finally got to play. Ain't life grand? Love ya, mom

Lynn said...

Carmel looks very pleased. I hope the weather works out for the rest of the season.