Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lovely Lady Lola

I just have to take a moment to brag about the life of the party when our family gets together. This is Lola. She is a very serious and quiet baby. So I guess saying she's the life of the party may be a slight overstatement. The truth is, she is the center of attention. I mean that in a good way of course. Because she is the youngest and her changes in growth and development happen so rapidly, every time we see her she has changed so much. I simply adore her.

Not only is she about to be in for a big change in her household with the addition of a new brother or sister but she is getting her first cousin this year. I have no doubt that these new arrivals will in no way cause her to be less of the star, but on the contrary, will give us something else to watch her try to understand. I look forward to watching her grow into a super big sister and the ringleader of the little cousins. She sure is special.

One of the new things her Nonnie is working on with her at the moment is using the potty. I don't think this is a major undertaking right now but just getting started. While attempting to get her used to the potty, Nonnie was asking her if she needed to pee-pee or poop. For some reason, I guess it's typical for most kids though, she thought poop was a funny word and started to giggle. I don't think she every actually did anything this time but it won't be long.

It seems everyone was interested in the bathroom adventure, but really it was just Sara and Carmel who were there to cheer her on. Spending time with Lola will occasionally make me wish I were the one having grandkids. But then I have to stop and remind myself that eventhough I may be ready, I know none of my kids are ready to be parents. The best part is that they know it too. Someday it will be time and I will be even more ready. Until then I will just have to let my sister share her grandkids with me. I will enjoy them every chance I get. I love my family more than words can say. So I will say no more for now :)

3 comments:

Fran Eury said...

Was there supposed to be a pic of Lola? I did not receive it. Nice blog. Lola is truly beautiful. Very sweet child, so easy to love. My little great granddaughter.

Mary said...

I am not sure what happened to the pics, they were there yesterday. Sorry.

Lynn said...

It is great having little ones around again. It will really be something when there are three of them! and then more and more and more as other grandkids procreate! We'll have to start renting the civic center for get togethers!