Sunday, May 4, 2008

Time to go...

Today we had to leave the guys at Ft Knox for their two final weeks of training. Steven is learning how to drive a stryker vehicle. I don't even know how to explain what type of vehicle it is. I will leave that for him to do at another time. As of right now, he will be coming home on the 16th of May. If things change I will let everyone know.

This photo above was taken during a trip to Wal Mart while we were looking for Red Bull. Unbeliveably, they were completely out. In fact, even the gas station near the hotel was out, it seems the delivery man forgot to deliver in the area. Oh well, such is life.

I know I shouldn't be, but I am so amazed at how much alike Jimmy and Steven are. At one point during the weekend, the two of them walked off together...they even walk the same. I love my guys so much. I can hardly wait for everyone to see how much Steven has grown up and changed.

Here the guys are coming out of their new barracks. I believe this is the closest to a smile from Steven that I was able to get on film. I have no idea as to why he refuses to smile in pictures, except I don't think he really likes his smile very much. I don't know why not, I think he is quite handsome. On another note, I think it is interesting that by the end of the weekend, David started referring to me as Mom. It seems I have another surrogate son. I love it. I am glad I am able to make my son's friends comfortable enough that they can think of me as another mother.

The girls did pretty well during our departure. I told them they needed to try and be brave and not to cry too much. I reminded them that he will be coming home in 2 weeks and that he needed to remember them smiling and not crying. I told them that if we stay strong it will help him stay strong. They had some good bonding time over the weekend and for that I am thankful. I just want all their time together to be positive.

Despite the fact that we got a little off track on the way home and that there was a point in NC on I-40 where traffic came to a stand still, we made it home safe and sound. As much as I miss Steven already, I am so glad to be home where I can sleep in my own bed. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow, so real life will start back up real quick. But that's ok, I'm ready.

The next major event in this house is the musical. Patrick is in Guys and Dolls and opening night is just a little over a week away. I have no idea as to what to expect with this show, I have only seen it once. I hope it is as good as the last two musicals he has been in at the high school. I will be posting details as they happen, stay tuned.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Iam glad you had a good weekend and adopted a son too how exciting....I am sure you can't wait to get him home. He looks so good with the two girls like a great older brother, you have a great son that's great you have kids that care about each other like that. Martha

Fran Eury said...

Well! What a weekend you had. I am glad you are back even though I am not there to greet you. I will be home in a week. We can hug then. Love, M