This has been a very laid back day. My alarm went off at 7 am, but that's just the alarm to remind me to call Patrick and wake him up for school. I have done this every morning since we left and today was the first time I didn't call the school to check and see if he was present. I am pretty sure he went because he called me after school to let me know he was doing OK.
Anyway, after I called him I fell back asleep and we all slept until 8:30 or so. By the time we got down to the "breakfast" they offered they were putting everything away. So we ended up going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. It was good, same as it is in most places. Every where we go Steven ends up sitting inbetween the girls so they can both have attention. After breakfast we went to go meet up with Private Kim and his family. His parents are having to leave tonight to go back to Michigan, and he is not due back to base until Sunday (he is doing stryker training with Steven). Steven asked if it was OK for him to join us for the next two nights and how could we say no. It means so much to these guys to get to be off base. Private Kim's first name is David and he is about the same age as Steven. They have become really good friends in a short period of time. David is a nice kid and has a sweet family, one younger brother and 2 younger sisters. The only real problem with having him join us was that the hotel we are staying in for these next two nights is about 50 miles or more from Elizabethtown and his family wanted to spend time with him before they had to leave. They were planning on leaving at 5pm and it was only 12 noon. Since there is nothing to do in Etown we decided to go ahead and drive to Danville and check in and then Steven and I drove back to Etown to get David. We ended up eating dinner with his family and then drove back to Danville. It was alot of driving but it gave me a chance to spend some alone time with Steven, so it was worth it.
Tomorrow we are going to take a walk around Danville and the local college here. I think the guys just want to have a chance to check out the babes on campus. It has been awhile since they have been around girls. That is only part of the reason for going to the campus, the other is that there is NOTHING to do in Danville. The closest mall is in Lexington (45 miles away). Luckily this hotel serves breakfast until 10:30 on the weekend so we may get to sleep in and still be able to eat. Not to mention that this place serves a really nice complimentary breakfast.
It is getting a little late and I know that when the guys get back from going to buy razors they will want the computer back so I need to end this post. But I did want to give a brief update about our uneventful day.

2 comments:
What do you mean uneventful? Just being able to be there and spend time with your son is eventful, don't you think? Enjoy, enjoy....
Well, you know what I mean. It was a good day because nothing bad happened.
Post a Comment