Thursday, May 1, 2008

Graduation Day

We are about half way through the day, as of right now. Well, maybe a little more than half way, but close enough. Jimmy has gone to the pool to let the girls swim, Steven is in the shower, and I am enjoying the peace and quiet, except for the wind howling and A/C running. We have had a very nice day so far. Graduation was wonderful. I am so very proud of my son, my soldier. He certainly has matured and is so different. Of course, I mean different in a good way. His level of respect for others is amazing. I love him so much.

As you can see from the picture above...my car has a big dent in it. Jimmy initially said it wasn't too bad, but when I first saw it this morning I immediately knew...he was crazy!!! It looks horrible. I had thought that the deer hit the rear of the car, but it was actually the drivers door. Man that was close. I can't believe it actually got up and ran off. I really do hope it is OK.

This picture is of the 4 platoons after graduation, on the way to the classroom where they had to pick up their belongings and /or get signed out for leave. Steven is near the right side of the photo. I am sure you can see him. He stands head and shoulders above most of his battle buddies. Don't they all just look so sharp?

We went to the Patton Museum after graduation so the girls could gather information for the report I am going to have them write, since they are missing 3 days of school this week. While we were in one of the parking lots Jimmy noticed this sign, not that one could miss it, it was pretty big. But it was just so funny I had to get a pic and share it with everyone.

One of the other things we did after graduation was to go and let Steven get a new set of ACU's. Now to the average person they would be called fatigues...but in the army they are called Army Combat Uniforms. He looks pretty manly in his uniform...don't you think? While this uniform is more comfortable that his Class A uniform, it is still pretty warm and not quite as good as civilian clothes. He can hardly wait to wear civies again. At least for a little while.

We will be going out to dinner soon. I am not sure where we are going, but I think it may be Chinese food. I may or may not post again tonight but if not, I will tomorrow night. Thanks for reading.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fran Eury said...

What a fine looking young man. I, too, am very proud.
About the dent, it isn't tooooo bad. Your dad will write a comment on how to fix it. Love, Mom