
Sara had her first public performance singing with the school chorus on Tues night. They sang at Barnes and Noble bookstore. She did very well. Steven said his favorite song was the Hee Hee Hee song. For those of you who haven't had the chance to sing in a choir, you may not know, but when you warm-up your voice you have to sing a variety of odd words. It was quite funny at the time.

Despite the fact that her performance lasted 30 minutes and started at 6:30 and she had a game at 7:00, we were able to get her to both events without actually being late to either. She did have to change into her uniform in the car though. It was quite an adventure.

I don't know if she will ever get a solo but I think she would do really well. Actually, at this stage in the process, they don't do solo's. At least not that I have seen.

Today, they sang at the Asheville Regional Airport. They had a nice little crowd gathered. It was a nice day. I am so proud of all my talented kids. Oh, by the way, I was able to get through both performances without shedding a single tear. There were times when I was close to tears, but got over it for Sara's sake. If she had seen me crying I know she would not have been able to continue.
Next week consists of Patrick's Winter Concert at the First Baptist Church in Downtown Asheville. And Carmel is doing a play with her class on Tues night. There will be a couple more basketball games. I will try not to add too many more pics. I can't really resist adding them usually because I just got my new camera and love putting them on the computer so I can see them BIGGER.
Anyway, I have said enough for now. Stay tuned.
2 comments:
I agree that watching your children sing or play ball or whatever is one of the most enjoyable activities as a parent. Mine will be playing Tuesday night at their winter concert. I think it is at Thomaas Wolfe auditorium, but I don't know.
You have no idea how thrilling it is for me as a grandparent to be able to see or even if it is just to be told about all of this talent. I love it!!! I especially love being able to see them perform.
Post a Comment