Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Patrick and Carmel Sing


On Monday the 10th Patrick had his winter concert at the First Baptist Church in downtown Asheville.

the high school performs at the church every year. It is a very beautiful old church. Probably one of the biggest in town. I took a picture of the stage/alter this year. They have a huge pipe organ that is used to accompany some of the songs. They also have the concert professionally recorded every year. I will most likely get the CD again this year.

It is kinda hard to tell but Patrick is the one in the very back row all the way to the right. He has his hair pulled back. We were sitting back toward the back so my pics are not the best. Patrick did very well, i love hearing him sing, even if he doesn't have a solo. I can still pick out his voice some of the time.


On Tues the 11th, Carmel had her winter performance. I had to work but was able to get someone to come in early so that I could get there in time. She was so cute. They did a play about Melton the Warm Hearted Snowman. She had one small speaking part and of course they all sang the songs. I did really well until the end. They did a small reprise of the Melton song from the beginning of the performance, and then they added on the chorus from a song saying "It's about Peace, it's about Joy, it's about Love" that's when I lost it and started to cry. It was so sweet. Unfortunately, I think she saw me and I could see this little look of worry in her eyes. So i wipes my tears and put on a smile and gave her a big thumbs up. She kept it together and all was done. I am so proud of all my kids.

Right after Carmel finished her little event we rushed over to the gym to catch the end of Sara's b-ball game. We had missed most of the first half, but were able to see the rest of it. They won but only by 4 points. It was close, it was a really good game. Sara is getting better every day. She should be great to watch by the end of the season.

I am glad this week is half over, there are not any more major activities until Sat when both the girls have games. I will let everyone know how that goes. Maybe Carmel's team will get close to winning this week. We will see.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey, who's bringing squirrel to our native American food birthday gathering on Saturday? I saw a great recipe. I'll bring it with.