Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Guitar Hero for all


At a recent family dinner Patrick decided to bring out his new birthday present...the latest and greatest of video games. Guitar Hero III !!! When he first asked if he could bring it along to the dinner I was hesitant. I was certain that all the kids would like it, but not so sure about the older folks. But considering we were going up there to celebrate his birthday ( as well as a few other family members) I gave in to his request. Luckily everyone seemed to have fun with it.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get up there early enough to see Lynn's family playing and they had to leave shortly after I arrived so they did not get to see the others playing. Anyway, we did manage to get Dad and Mom to play, and even Bonnie and Felicia were up for strumming a few notes.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well everyone played. I hope everyone had as much of a good time as I did. It is really a fun game, I think. I can't wait to let Tag get a hold of it. I think he would like it.

For those of you who don't know about the game...just go to your local department store and go to electronics and you will be able to see a demo of the game. I could try to explain it but doubt I would do it justice. Anyhoo...I had fun at our dinner and the food was excellent. I would like to say a quick "I'm sorry" to those family members who were witness to my boys bad behavior. Their behavior was inexcusable and I have no way to adequately explain the way they interact. This has been a life long test for everyone in my household. I only hope someday it will be better.

Well, I look forward to the next family dinner, I just hope we can all be there at roughly the same time. I know that there were way too many things that were out of our hands, so we will just have to hope for better timing next go round.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Fran Eury said...

If you tell everybody I was beaten by a 7 year old I will shoot you!

Lynn said...

I'm glad Patrick shared his birthday present with us. It is one of those electronic games that almost anybody can play, so was a good idea and fun!

Wayne said...

Hmm...I've heard of that game, but never seen it played. Seems to be a hit, but wouldn't it be cool if we just had a bunch of real guitars to play?

I know. I'm an old fuddy-duddy.