Today has been really nice. Very laid back and relaxed. We slept in this morning and took our time getting showered and dressed. Steven had already decided that he wanted to eat at Denny's and since they have breakfast all the time, there was no reason to hurry. We finally got to the restaurant at about 9:45. It was an OK breakfast. Nothing fancy of course.
After eating we decided to go and give Louisville another try. So far we have not been very impressed with this city. We have actually eaten most of our meals and done most of our shopping in Clarksville Indiana, which is where the hotel is. Well, after again riding through some rather slum-like neighborhoods, we finally managed to locate a nice looking area that we felt comfortable enough to stop somewhere and get some directions. Turns out we were not too far from a nice big mall.
What a relief to find somewhere that had some descent shopping. We took our time walking through the mall, spent a little money, and had a great time visiting. It is amazing how many people will stop him to say "thank you for serving". I know it makes him feel very proud about his decision. It makes me very proud to be his mother. As it turned out, there were actually 2 malls located very close to each other. Therefore, we were able to do lots of shopping.
After spending a couple of hours at the malls, we decided to head back to Clarksville where we could go to where we knew there was a Red Lobster. Steven had been craving RL since I picked him up and we were fast approaching our last chance to eat there. We pretty much had a late lunch/early dinner since it was 3:15 by this time. It was a great lunch, love their cheddar biscuits. After lunch we came back to the hotel so Steven could get out of his Class A uniform and we could just chill in the room. We did make a trip to the fitness center so I could have a quick workout, since I haven't been able to do that as of yet. We have just been too busy and Steven is really not supposed to be doing and physical training while on leave. But that's alright. I will have a lot of makeup work to do when I get home. My diet has completely gone the way of the dog, so to speak.
Currently, we are watching TV, talking to the girls on the phone, and waiting for pizza and wings to be delivered. Which means that I need to end this post and spend time with my son. Thanks for reading.
3 comments:
I am so glad you and Steven are having so much fun Steven looks great. Its funny how people are so supportive. I can remember when Michael came home for hometown recurting some man insited on paying for his meal. It really does make you feel proud of what they are doing. Martha
Yes, we are very proud. I am so glad he is doing so well and feels so good about himself. That is so very important. Love, Mom
Thank you for writing.
Post a Comment