Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day 2 continued

Let me think about where I left off. I think we had had lunch and done some shopping and had gone to the hotel for a break. When I say break I am really referring to Steven getting a break from being in his dress uniform. He has to wear it everytime he leaves the hotel, per the orders he was given prior to leaving the base.


I have become quite skilled at snapping photos of myself and another person, but for this one I had forgotten that I was zoomed in so it wasn't quite as good. But at least he's smiling.

The girls had me bringing a couple of their stuffed animals so it would be like them being here with Steven. I hope they get to see this picture before I get home so they will know that I did do what they asked me to do.


Well, after a break we went back out to see if we could find anything interesting to do in Louisville. This time, since it wasn't raining, I was able to get a picture of him in just his uniform and no rain coat. Doesn't he look sharp. In case anyone is wondering, things have changed a bit. One of the changes, besides the hat is now a baret, is that their shoes come preshined and so do the badges and insignia things on his uniform. He paid a guy 10 bucks to place them in the right places and such. That dude did a pretty good job.

Since we didn't actually find anything in Louisville, except a big dumpy looking city. We headed back in to Clarksville, at least here we know where tings are and what out options are. There is quite a lot to choose from and we settled on Ruby Tuesdays for dinner, that way Steven could get the steak he wanted. It was a nice dinner. We made a quick trip to WalMart for some Red Bull ( for him, of course) and then went back to the hotel for the night. He was able to get online and update his MySpace and do a few other things he has been unable to do while he has been away.


Here is the pic for all of those of you who were wondering if he was going to be bigger. Wonder no more...he has definately gained some bulk, muscle I mean. Not a bit of fat on this body. I think for the first time since he was a baby, his stomach stickes out further than his ribs. I knew enough to not expect him to be a withered and wasted specimen, but I was really surprised to see how buff he really is. Well, gotta run. We aren't sure what we are doing yet but I will be in touch.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you two!

I love the picture of Steven with the stuffed animals from the girls.

:)
Love you!
Amanda

Fran Eury said...

Wow! What a hunk! Looks so sharp in his uniform, too. I sure do hope we get to see him when he comes home. Love, Mom