Saturday, November 17, 2007

Welcome to my world.

I am going to give this "blogging" thing a try. I just ask that everyone be patient while I get used to the process. Maybe this adventure will help me tap into my inner writer. I will never be as good as my dear brother, at least not as entertaining, but I am willing to give it a try.
I look forward to being able to keep all of my family and friends updated on my sometimes exciting life. Most days are just routine, but occasionally one of the kids will do or say something crazy and this way I won't have to try and remember who I have told and who I haven't. Anyway, if nothing else maybe I will become a better typist.
Let me begin my first posting with a brief update on each member of the family. Starting with myself....I have been working at Mission Hospitals for the past 6 years. As a pediatric nurse I take care of ill children. I work with the most amazing group of people. I love almost every minute of my job. There are emotional moments, however, every time I face one of those moments, I come out of it a little stronger and wiser. I am proud of what I do and can't imagine doing anything else. My latest issue has been recovering from a broken leg. Back in April I had an accident at work and ended up being out of work for 8 weeks and off my leg for almost 6 weeks. It was a very trying time for the whole family, we did make it through somehow. I am as healed as I can be for now, I feel every weather change and 12 hour shifts are a challenge some days, but it could be worse.
Jimmy is doing really well. We are just about to celebrate our 20th anniversary next week. I can't believe we have been married for over half of my life. WOW! We have been through so much in 2o yrs....we have moved to Florida and back, brought 4 kids into the world, been thorough a trial seperation and then a reconsiliation, and survived Jimmy's leukemia. He is amazing. I thought I would loose him in some fashion, but Thank God I didn't. He means everything to me. He is working at Target in the backroom as a Team Lead. He is very happy with his job for the first time in a long time. I am happy for him.
As for the kids.....Steven....well I'll save him for later. There is way too much to tell right now and I can't really fet into it at the moment. So I will skip to Patrick. He is a Junior at Reynolds High School. He is very involved ith chorus and theater. He is doing OK in school and looks forward to going to college someday. He turns 17 in just over 2 weeks. Hard to believe.
Sara I in 5th grade this year. She loves school. She is a vegetarian( of her own choosing). She sings in the school chorus, plays basketball, and is an aspiring actress. She just auditioned for a play at Asheville Community Theater. Unfortunately, she didn't get the part. She knows that every audition is a learning experience, and does not give up just because she doesn't get a part. On an exciting note though, she and Carmel were cast in an independent film being shot here in WNC. The movie is called Scapegoat. The director is planning on entering the movie in Sundance next year, and if it is selected it will be shown at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. We are very excited.
Now to Carmel, last but not least, especially when it comes to her talking. She is the most talkative kid I have every seen. She is definately the youngest, in every sense of the word. She is also playing basketball, for the first time by the way. I think she will be a very good player, she tries real hard anyway. She is in the second grade and is doing well in school. She really likes to read, and gets better everyday.
Well, I think I have provided enough of a background for everyone for now, so giving updates will be easy enough. I would love to write more but I am afraid if this is too long and boring I will scare everyone off and no one will read my blog. Hopefully, I will be able to add posts every couple of days. Once I get my new camera i will be able to add pics and everything. I am so excited.

5 comments:

Wayne said...

Nice first blog! I look forward to reading more about your life. I will add a link to your blog on mine.

Wayne said...

Nice first blog! I look forward to reading more about your life. I will add a link to your blog on mine.

Fran Eury said...

Your blog is wonderful as are you and your family. We love all of you very much and don't you ever forget it!!

Lynn said...

I am excited about us doing these blog things. I look forward to catching up every so often so I don't feel out of the loop when I haven;t had a chance to call or wahtever.
I want to add yours and Tag's blog links to mine. Tag can tell us how to do that. I saw taht mine is on his blog.

Bonnie and John said...

Oh, why do you all have to be so smart. I guess one of these days I will have to join the ranks!
love you all
bonnie