Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First game of the season

Carmel had her first game tonight, actually it was her first game ever. She looked so cute in her jersey and shorts. Most of her team members have never played basketball before and considering her team has only had a few practices and the last one was over 1 week ago, they did pretty well. Unfortunately, the other team was slightly more polished. The final score was 10 -0, with Carmel's team being on the losing side. Oh well, we are chalking this one up to a learning experience. She was happy, she had fun, and played her best and for that I am proud. Her team will just have to try harder next time, which is this coming Sat.
The most frustrating part of her game was her older brother, Patrick, and his attitude toward the referees. He was just loud and obnoxious. I finally made him leave the gym, he decided to walk home. He didn't get too far and we picked him up on our way home. I am not sure we will be taking him to anymore games. We'll see.

Sara's first game is on Thurs night, I have to work and will be late but hopefully I won't miss too much. She is one of the younger ones on the team and still needs a lot of work, but she tries very hard and really seems to enjoy just being part of the team. I hope her team does better with their first game than Carmel's did. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Patrick was getting angry at the refs at an under-10 basketball game? That's funny. It reminds me of that SNL skit where Jim Belushi is a fiery Bobby Knight-esque high school chess coach, and starts throwing chairs and stuff when the chess match isn't going the way he wants it.

He had to leave the gym he was so obnoxious...that kills me!