Sunday, November 18, 2007

Reasons to keep coming back

Since, like most people, there are days in my life when nothing exciting happens I think I will give everyone a preview of upcoming events.

Let me begin with Steven's upcoming adventure...he has joined the Army and will be leaving for Basic Training on Jan 1st. I am so proud of him. Sorry I could't spill the beans sooner but there were a few important people who needed to be told independent of a general announcement. That was taken care of last night and now I can be more open. So, I will be giving updates on his new life as he gets them to me. Contact will be minimal for the first few weeks.

Patrick will be performing in his annual Winter Chorus Concert in early Dec. and he will be celebrating his 17th birthday soon.

Sara's first game of the season is coming up in the next week as is Carmel's first game ever.

Sara also has two public performances singing with the school chorus in the first week of Dec. I can't wait for that, if I can keep from crying like a baby it should be good. Singing in front of a crowd brings back memories from my childhood. The biggest thing I remember is seeing my Mom in the audience crying, which would then make me cry, of course if I was crying I wasn't singing, which probably explains why I am not a better singer to this day. Oh well, I love to hear mine sing and I try not to let them see me cry. There is just something heartwarming about children's voices.

Jimmy and I will be taking a weekend trip to Charleston to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. hopefully, I will have a new camera by then and be able to get some great pictures. Otherwise I will just have to attempt to describe our trip in words. That might be interesting.

So, that's our life....to be continued.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm looking forward to my weekend with Sara while you and Jimmy are in Charleston. I'm already making plans.
..........

Wayne said...

Wow...the Army! OK, since you're not ready for Sicko, I've got another film you gotta see: Why We Fight. I'm not against the military, but I do think anyone involved in the military should see this movie.

Have a fun trip to Charleston! Eat some seafood for me.

Lynn said...

I know the point is moot (sp?) now, but I realized today that Baha'is are not suppposed to enlist in the military and if they get drafted they are supposed to ask for a non-combat position. I don't know if Steven would have done anything differently had I remembered that earlier, but I just remembered. He can't get out of it now. I wish him well and will try not to worry about him. I know this is not an easy time for you. Love you!