Well as you can see, both of the girl's are on Green teams. That's because Reynolds is green and eventually they will be going to school there. I guess East Asheville teams are usually green or blue. I prefer blue but since it is not up to me I'll have to live with green. Anyway, I failed to put pics of Carmel on my post last night and decided that since Sara played tonight and I got some pics of her also I would just include both.
Carmel is number 11 which is cool because Steven was always 11 when he played soccer at Reynolds. It was a good number for him and hopefully will bring Carmel a little luck as well. Isn't she just so cute?
She really seemed to have a great time going after the ball. I look forward to watching her improve throughout the season.
Despite the fact that Sara was slightly late for her game tonight, mainly due to the fact that I forgot she had a game at all, she was able to play half of the game. I think I am going to like her coach. He is works hard to make sure they understand what their position is and how to play it, and he does it without yelling at them. Sara is number 5 this year. No real history associated with her number, yet. Maybe she will be the one to make it significant.
By the way, Sara's team won tonight. 35-1. She didn't get to score but she had an assist, so to speak. I am very proud. Another bit of info...Patrick did NOT come to this game. Not because I wouldn't let him, but because he wasn't home when we had to rush out the door to get her there before it was too late. It did make for a calmer and nicer game. I think that when I do decide to let him come to another game I will bring a dirty sock to keep him quiet. I hope everyone will keep checking back to hear about how much they improve throughout the season. Peace and hugs!!!!

4 comments:
I can't see any photos when I read blogs at work. Some kind of filter, I guess. But at least I can read your blog. I'll have to check out the pictures at home.
Glad the basketball is going well. If you ever stuff a dirty sock in Patrick's mouth, make sure you take a picture and post it. I'd like to see that.
By the way, as you may or may not know, green is my favorite color.
Yes, Carmel was quite cute. I was amazed at how little the girls had been taught about rules and regs of basketball. Even the coach's daughter took the ball and just ran with it. At least Carmel knows to dribble and she does a pretty good job of it.
Sorry we didn't get to see Sara play. And, yes, Tag, Patrick was too obnoxious to be around that night. You'd think he was watching a high school game....:-)
Post a Comment