I think back to the days when one had to have lots of space to organize and arrange a photo album. Now, I know many people still do those types of things..they are called Scrapbookers. One of the fun parts of scrapbooking is doing it with your friends. So for those of us who are not creative enough to scrapbook, or who do not have the time or money, we do our "scrapbooking" on line.
I think back to when pictures were taken on 35 mm film, when you had to send your film off to some unknown location, and wait for days to get the pictures back. When you were not sure if the pictures you had taken were even any good. You could wait for all that time only to discover that some were out of focus, some were taken of your ear, some were taken of the back of your kid's head. And to think...you paid good money for these lousy pictures. Even if you didn't actually have to pay for the picture...you paid for the film in the first place. Now, in the digital age, you can take a picture and immediately see if it is what you wanted. You can delete it right away if desired. You can even afford to let your little ones take all the pics they want, and if they are inadequate...DELETE!!!
Pictures can now be taken directly from your camera and loaded on your computer, where you can share them right away, with all of your family and friends, if you choose to do so. You can load them onto online sites where you can organize and arrange them however you want. All of this brings me to what I have been doing all afternoon and evening. It all started when I went to the online site where I keep my pics...Snapfish. I was looking for ideas of what to get and send to Steven. He is asking for pictures and I want him to be able to have a convenient way to carry and keep them. So I found a mini album that will hold 25 2x3 inches pictures. It is perfect. However, I have been somewhat lazy when it comes to getting my pics from my computer to Snapfish. I had a lot to catch up on. While it may be just as time consuming as using actual photos (you know the ones on paper), it is a lot less messy. It is easy enough to just put things on hold while you finish fixing dinner or while you get the kids in bed. You can even do it while watching TV.
I am looking forward to completing Steven's little photo album now that I have all my pics available. I can even order a few extra ones for the other kids. It will be nice to be able to carry their family with them whenever they want. But...it will have to wait until timorrow because I am much too tired to do it tonight. Playing with photos is exhausting.
2 comments:
Can I see "snapfish?" If so, how do I do it? I just love my digital camera. Like you said, it is such a relief to be able to take and see in the same moment. I have over 1200 pics on my iPhoto on my computer.
We have about 24 photo albums, the real book kind, that take up a couple of shelves on a bookcase. It's nice to have the albums for the kids to look through whenever they want, but it's just way too unwieldy. I'm not as good about printing digital shots to add to a photo album, but you can do other things more easily, like make a DVD, or put them on the blog, etc. It's funny, when we first moved to AZ over 4 years ago, we were still shooting 35mm. I bought an all-in-one printer when we first got here, and i remember thinking we should try to scan and email a few pictures every time we get a roll developed. That seems like such an antiquated notion now!
Post a Comment