Thursday, November 13, 2008

No go on the 100....

Well, I kinda figured this out near the end of October, but was afraid to admit it at the time...however, I can put it off no longer. I will NOT be posting my 100th post by my 1 year anniversary. I would need to have 21 more post by Monday. So, that ain't gonna happen. But it was a nice thought.

There has not been too much activity over the last few weeks, but then again, maybe there has. Let me see if I can recall what has been going on.

Patricks Drama class did William Shakespears Midsummer Nights Dream last weekend. He played Hermia's father and on the last night he had to stand in for one of the other guys who had a football game to play in. If you are familiar with the play you may recall there is an actor who is to perform for the Duke who has to play the part of a woman, well, that was the part he had to do. He did it fabulously. He was hysterical, and I loved every minute of it. Of course, I always love seeing my kids on stage. I look forward to the musical this year, eventhough I don't know which one they will be doing. I hope it is a good one.

I took the kids to the new movie theater in town on Tuesday. Regal has built a new theater on the South side of town and it has 15 theaters in it. The best part is the stadium seats. Being able to pull up the arm rests is also a treat. Now, when Carmel falls asleep during a movie, I can lay her down with her head in my lap and not have to hold her all squished up in my lap. I can hardly wait to see Twilight in this theater.

Speaking of Twilight, that is another thing that has kept me busy. I was conflicted about whether or not to read this series of books. I am not particularly fond of vampires and I had very mixed feelings, but there has not been one single person who has read them that has not fallen in love with the story and the characters, so I thought I would give it a try. I mean, why not. If I didn't like it I could just stop and not read the rest, right? Well, I loved the first book so much, I went out and bought the rest of them. It took me all of a week to get them read. I sure wish she would write more. Anyway, one of the best parts is that Patrick actually decided to read the first one and I think he is hooked too. He is not one to read for pleasure so I am so excited that he found something to peak his interest.

The girls have been up to their usual activities. Sara has Drama Club pretty frequently right now since the talent show is coming up and she is doing backstage duties. I am glad she has decided to follow in her brothers' footsteps and get involved with the dramatic arts. I think she will try and continue with chorus as well. Carmel has tutoring after school one day a week, she is doing well, but is getting a little extra help with reading. Good thing she loves to read.

Jimmy is doing fair while on night shift. Working in retail is always harder during the holiday season. He was seen by his oncologist this week and his labs aren't improving like we would like them to be. He has to go back in 1 month for another CBC. If things are still low, he will need another bone marrow biopsy. Therefore, I am feeling slightly stressed about that.

Steven is doing Ok. He calls every couple of days and lets me know how he is doing. There are things to share, but hard to do in a post. But rest assured that he is fine and well. He is getting the packages we are sending, so if anyone wants to send something, e-mail me and I will give you the address, or get the things to me and I will send them in one of the next boxes.

Wow...I guess I have had a lot of things going on in the past two weeks. I didn't even get to share the afternooon and evening I had out with the girls from work on Monday. We went out for lunch to celebrate my birthday, late I know, but it was fun. Then we had a baby shower for one of the girls. So I had two meals out and got to spend a good bit of the day on down time with the ladies. I work with some really special people and I am thankful for the friendships I have made.

This weekend, Jimmy has a tournament to go to in Charlotte and it will pretty much be just the girls here. Patrick has to work all weekend and when he's not working, he will be sleeping, so he won't be available to "play" with us. I am not sure what we will be doing but I hope I can come up with something fun. I'll let you know, later.

2 comments:

klbuley said...

AH - I have recently (two days ago) been introduced to dear Edward Cullen. I myself am not a fan of vampire books, however I would have willingly given my life to this man :) lol - okay so maybe I am a little susceptible in my current (lonely) state. But I am only into New Moon, and not yet to the point where I am told what Jacob really is (um, I have a great idea though), and I can't wait to get through them. *sigh*

Fran said...

Why don't you come to Windy Ridge and I will get your Gator top finished???
Glad you have such fun times with your girls and your girls....