Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bonded by blood...bonded by ink!!!!

I know it has been a while since I last posted and I suppose it is time for an update. Ummmmm....where did I leave off? I can't remember. I guess it was when Tag and his family were here. So let me think. I guess it was a little over a week after the Arizona Eury's left that Steven came into town. He was able to come home for 10 days on a 14 day pass. He arrived late Tues the 5th and right after he landed in Asheville we drove over to Aunt Bonnie and Uncle John's. They were quite surprised to see him. His whole trip was kept top secret, just in case things didn't go through and he was not able to get home. So after a quick visit we headed back to the house. The next day (Wed) we hung out at the house and went swimming. Jimmy and Steven went bowling and had a great time. That night we went over to Aunt Lynn's to surprise her and her boys. It worked, we enjoyed a little bit of time sitting around the table, telling jokes and making fun of the mom's. Lynn and I are so far behind the times, we think we are funny....they think we are crazy. I think we are both right.

Anyway, on Thurs we went shopping and just chilled. Steven and I went bowling...in case you didn't know, Patrick works at the bowling alley in town...we had a good time and of course, Steven won both games. Not that scores really matter. On Friday I had arranged a lunch visit with Mom and Dad in town and that was when we were going to surprise them with Steven. We ate at a new place in town called O' Naturals. It's a good place on the South side of town. Organic and locally grown foods, that kind of thing. Not the type of place I usually go but I'm glad I tried it. Anyway, Steven was standing within view of the door waiting for Mom and Dad, but not in an obvious way. He was looking at the menu board and minding his own business. M and D walked in and immediately turned to where Lynn, Patrick, Sara, Carmel, and I were standing and said their hellos and stuff. Then all of a sudden, mom looked over at the Menu board and realized that it was in fact Steven standing there, as she had initially thought. It was quite funny actually. They were happily shocked to see him. That evening, Beth and Gabe came over to get the next two seasons of 24 and we all watched the opening ceremony for the Olympics. I know it wasn't enough time getting to see some of the family, but we do the best we can. After that, there was no one else to surprise. The rest of his visit was to be just hanging out, shoppping and seeing some of his friends. He did manage to stay home a little more than last time, Thank God, and I have really enjoyed seeing him.



The only other major thing we did while he was home was go together to get his newest tattoo. AND...I got inked as well. It is something I have been wanting to do since last year, but have not had the nerve to do. This was just the right time. It was a good bonding experience. We didn't tell anyone what we were doing, it really was decided at the last minute. I am so excited. I know not everyone is fond of tattoos, but it will be OK. I don't think I will ever regret it. I got a design that I drew. It is, as you can tell from the pics, a tear drop holding the sun, moon and 4 stars. The stars are for my kids, the moon for my marriage, and the sun for life. It may not mean much to others, but it is special for me. I knew I wanted one with color and as you notice...I got GATOR colors to boot. Can't beat that.


In case you have doubts that that is my leg in the picture...here is another one with the rest of me. Regarding Steven's tattoo...it is his first one with color and he picked his design out of a book. It just so happens that he found one very similar to mine. Cool!!! You can tell mine is still healing. I am just glad it finally stopped itching.

One last thing to update. On Sunday the girls and I went to Felicia's baby shower and got to see Lola and Staton. The baby has gotten so big and really cute in the past 3 weeks. Despite the fact that there were many family members there who wanted to hold him, I did actually get him in my arms for a few minutes. Sara and Carmel got to hold him as well, but they really enjoy playing with Lola more. Staton doesn't do much just yet. I was very pleased to get a pic of him with his eyes open. He is such a good baby, he didn't mind getting passed around all over the place. The shower was very nice. There was a good turnout and the new parents to be got a lot of really nice stuff. I didn't get the blanket I am making finished before the shower, but I did try. I will have to get it done after Steven leaves. Until then I am doing good just to get anything done.


The first day of school went pretty well, I guess. Sara seemed happy when she got home. Carmel is on a later bus and took forever to get home, despite the fact that we live less than a mile from the school. Patrick is going to be in an Opera at school and will be having rehearsals every day, so Sara will have to ride the bus home. I hope that goes well.

Tomorrow will be the hardest day. I take Steven to the airport at 6 am. It will be the last time I get to see him for I don't know how long. I just have to keep praying that he will stay strong and safe. Then on Sat...life goes on...I have to take Patrick to his defensive driving class. He got a speeding ticket last month and we are trying to get things in order. If he goes to this class and we pay the court costs, he won't get any points and our insurance won't go up. What ever, I am exhausted. I can no longer think straight. I better end now. Hope this wasn't too long. Thanks for reading.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Fran said...

What a great post! I actually like your tattoo. Thanks for arranging your hectic schedule around us so that we could see Steven. I pray for him to be safe, and God willing he will come back to us sound.

Pink Daisy Photography said...

you rock mama!! Love the tattoo!!

xoxo
Lisa

Lynn said...

It is interesting that you said your tattoo was a TEAR drop denoting crying or sadness rather than raindrop. But I guess that goes along with life, especially life as a mom

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

You can have tears of happiness as well, so it definately fits life as a mom.

Anonymous said...

great tat!!!