The best part of Staton arriving on that Friday is that I had less to worry about during Tag's family's visit. I would be able to take Sara and Sofia to Dollywood for Sara's birthday treat. Jimmy and I both had to work all weekend so I had made arrangements for the girls to spend the weekend on the mountain with Mom and Dad and their cousins. I drove up Sunday after work to spend the night, that way I could take the girls to Pigeon Forge early the next morning. As it turned out it, we didn't leave very early, but that was OK. We still made good time and got to the park by 11. Since it didn't open until 9 anyway, we didn't miss too much.
Sorry, I don't know how to turn these pics. Anyway, it was a nice day at Dollywood, except for the heat. Uggg, Sara and I seemed to be affected the most, as Sofia is somewhat used to hot weather, being from Arizona and all. The girls had a great time riding rides and being together. Unfortunately, we got rained out early, so they were unable to ride some of the things they wanted to. We got home rather late on Monday night and I spent the next day trying to get some rest. It felt like I hadn't slept in days. And quite honestly, I had not gotten enough sleep for the past several nights leading up to our outing to Dollywood. I do feel much better now.
We spent today at Mom and Dad's with most of the family. No one from Bonnie's crew was able to make it and they were very much missed. But everyone else was in attendence. We ate two meals together and enjoyed visiting. The kids seemed to have a good time together and Cris started teaching me about JSJ. I would talk more about it if I could come up with a good way to explain it. But basically, it is a form of healing/meditation/relaxation. Cris needs to be the one to explain it. Anyway, it is very interesting and I hope to learn more.
Back to the main purpose for our visit today...just getting to see everyone and visiting. Patrick had a good time playing with Bella and Alex showed me how well he can hula hoop. I tried to hula but failed miserably. I must be getting old. Oh well, that's life.
As it is now 11 pm and I am getting very sleepy, I will have to end this post. We will get one more chance to see Tag and Cris and the kids tomorrow, so I would like to be rested. I look forward to the day when they live closer and we can see them more than once a year. Someday.
2 comments:
Here, here... or hear, hear...whichever way you spell it. Regarding Tag living closer... Someday. Great blog. glad you made it to all. Love, Mom
I love reading your blogs. I get so much info. And you are good about taking and posting pics. I have gotten slack (or lazy, or apathetic?) about pics in my old age.
Post a Comment