Despite having the flu this week, Sara was determined to play in her teams championship game today. She was extremely excited as we drove to Reynolds Middle School where the final game was to be played. Because we were not able to be at the game Thursday night we weren't sure who they were playing. But once we got there we found out it was one of the Oakley teams. While they are a good team, we had already played them a couple of times and beaten them each time. In fact, her team was undefeated this season.
It was a really close game and I wasn't sure if she was really feeling up to playing very much, but I left it up to her, as to whether or not she wanted to play and for how long. Well, her coach did put her in and she played pretty well. I could tell she was tired and at one point having a hard time breathing, but being the team player she is, she stayed in there and played her best. I was so proud of her and her team. They played their hardest and managed to just barely pull off the win. This was such a good group of kids and I am so glad Sara got the chance to play on the same team with them. I doubt she will ever get the chance to play with them again, but I know this is a moment in her life that she will never forget. I am sorta sad that the season is over. Her games were always so exciting to watch.
Eventhough she didn't get the chance to score, she looked very comfortable out on the court and handled the ball remarkably well. She was pretty scrappy, especially for someone recovering from the flu. I just hope she was recovered enough to have not gotten anyone else sick. Since she has been without a fever for a day now, I think we are OK.
Coming up next for Sara and Carmel...SOCCER. This will be their first time playing and I just can't wait. I love everything about soccer and I hope they will too. I know the first games start the first weekend in March and there shouldn't be any admission price so I hope everyone will come out to watch a game or two.

2 comments:
How great for Sara and her team!! I am quite proud of her, too.
Are you kidding, we are always good to go for freebies. We surely hope to get to soccer games. Love you much, Mom
Yeah Sara!
Yeah Soccer!
Yeah digital cameras and computers! Yeah moms who take pictures and post them!
Yeah!
Post a Comment