Finally, we have good news. As many of you know, Sara has been playing basketball again this season. She has been on a team before, when she was 8 I think, anyway, since she hadn't played in years she was not as skilled as the rest of her team. Not to mention the fact that she is the youngest on the team. Most of the girls are in 6th grade and have been playing since they were in kindergarden. She is on a very good team and they have really worked hard to remain undefeated this season.
Well, for the past 2-3 games her teammates have been trying very hard to help her get her first basket. It has been totally amazing and heart-warming. One of the parents has described her as the heart of the team. She has been trying so hard all season to learn how to play the game all over again. I am so proud of her efforts and they have definately paid off. She was ON FIRE tonight. She was blocking, moving her feet, going after the ball, getting her hands in there for jump balls, and shooting one basket after another. Most of them did not go in, actually, only one of them went in. But that was all she needed. The noise in the gym when she scored was so cool. I screamed, her dad screamed, her teammates screamed, adn even her coach cheered loudly. And Sara? She threw her arms in the air and grinned from ear to ear. Her whole team was having a great time tonight. They were all laughing and joking around and really having fun. It was the best game of the season.
Next for her team...the tournament/playoffs. I can hardly wait. It should be in just a couple of weeks. I will let everyone know so that if anyone is interested in watching they can come out. I won't be one bit surprised if she has a hard time going to sleep tonight. She is on cloud nine. Actually, I think I am right there with her. What, for me, started out to be a yucky day sure did end on a high note. Yeah!!!!
6 comments:
How wonderful for Sara. I am so glad she scored. She will always remember the night she got her first goal. I'll bet she gets the next goals more easily now that she has passed the first hurdle. Congratulations, Sara. When she called tonight your dd got so excited for her i just laughed. He did not know the details like I did. I iwas so glad to hear about it (I could hear her from across the room).
You guys were the first call she made last night. I will let you know about the tournament when I get the info.
Congratulations Sara on your goal. I bet the next time it will come easier. I am pulling for you in your tournament and look forward to hearing about more baskets in the tournament, How exciting. Martha
Yay Sara!!!!!! You rock!!!!!
woohoo!
Way to go!
congrats to Sara, We knew you could do it. Way to play aggressively.
we love you!
Post a Comment