Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sorry for the delay in updates

I know I have been very slack about updating, but things have been crazy. I have several excuses...

1) I have been sick for most of the month

2) When I have been feeling slightly well...I have been on Facebook ;-)

3) I do have to work, even when I don't feel well..which just makes me more tired

4) We only have one working car right now...so when I'm not working I'm driving someone somewhere to do something

5) I am not sure anyone is even still reading my Blog...so why bother

6) Aside from Jimmy's illness...there really isn't anything happening worth sharing

That pretty much sums it up as to why I haven't posted lately. While I know these are lame excuses, it's all I got. You know, initially, I said I was going to keep a blog for myself mostly and would be Ok if no one really ever read it...but I was wrong. I do care if people read and it makes it more worth my while if I know it is being read. At this point, I am not sure I need to keep this blog going just for me. I am not trying to make people feel sorry for me...if that was the case I would now go into a big sob story about how sucky my life is right now. But I am not going to do that. Instead I will just give an update about Jimmy and the kids and leave it at that.

Jimmy finished his chemo without much problem...except the rash, which is now gone. He continues to get his shots that increase his white count to a more normal range. He gets his labs checked 2 times a week, and as soon as his absolute neutrophil count (ANC) gets close to 5.0 he will be able to go back to work. I have no idea how long that will take. He feels pretty good and is sick of being home. He is definately ready to go back to work. Financially...I am ready for him to go back to work. Short term disability doesn't pay enough...but it is better than nothing.

The kids are doing OK. Patrick just found out that he will not walk with his class for graduation. He has to retake English 3...again. He also just lost his job. So he has not had the best of luck so far this year. But he is taking it pretty well. The girls are doing great in school, thank goodness. Carmel turns 9 in a little over a week. I can hardly believe it. They grow so fast.

Steven is doing fine. He calls less often, but I know he is busy. I love every call I get and look forward to them. I can hardly wait until May...when I get to see him again and can give him hugs. I have a very hard time anytime I see a soldier. It is all I can do not to go up and give them a big hug, just to try and feel close to Steven. Strange, I know. It is hard to explain.

I am supposed to be exercising and eating right so that I can lose weight and get in better shape...but I am having a hard time feeling motivated. Probably because I have been sick, but I am trying. I am just sorta in the frame of mind where I don't give a hoot about anything. I will keep trying...I will not give up. Thank goodness, I am finally starting to feel better, so hopefully, I will get back on track and do better.

Well, like my brother, I have a hard time knowing how to end a post...so I guess I will just sign off with ... Talk to you all later...maybe.

6 comments:

Wayne said...

I read your posts. I'm not always good about commenting, but I'll try to do better.

I'm just proud that you used the word "sucky." That's awesome.

When we were driving home from New Mexico around New Year's, we stopped in Gallup (a depressing town). We went to McD's to charge our iPod while having a cup of coffee. While we there, a greyhound bus full of Army soldiers stopped. They were going from Phoenix to Missouri. When I read your post, I imagined you having a hug-fest with all those soldiers in McDonalds (most of which were charging their phones...good thing we got there before them or we wouldn't have found a free outlet!)

Fran said...

I always read your blogs. I have been missing you lately. You usually call me more than you have been for the past week. I knew you must be depressed about things and I have missed your sweet voice. I try not to bug you and wish for you to be happy that we are talking. I have been saying healing prayers for you and Jimmy. I sing the prayer while in the pool working out. Lately I haven't known what to say because I sensed that you were wrestling with some things and you didn't seem to want to talk about them so... I am like Tag, I think "sucky" sums things up well. :) I know you probably think I don't think about Steven much but you'd be wrong. I miss him terribly and pray for his safety every day. I am so sorry that Patrick will not graduate. Does he plan to go to summer school (like Josh did in order to get his diploma)? Was he layed from his job because of the economy. I guess you know by now that Lynn's job will end in a month... I love you so much. Please call me soon.

Dejahmi by Beth Respess said...

hi there! i am one of those poeple who (in the past) did not keep up with blogs well, but i'm trying to do better. i'm glad you posted again!

i say, if you feel like it keep posting, but if you get tired of it, take a break. but i'll try to do better on commenting :)

Pink Daisy Photography said...

I read!!

Martha said...

I usually read all of you Eury blogs thats how I keep up with you guys, I am not good about commenting though. But I think you all are wonderful writers. I also want you to know that your family stay in my prayers. Keep posting and Keep me posted on how everyone is doing I hope you feel better soon and not so sucky.

Lynn said...

I forget to look at blogs unless I get a notice (feedblitz for Tag), mom saying "have you read Mary's blog?" or "Have you read my blog?" etc. When I wrote on mine more often and when I had all you guys blogs with links from mine I would sometimes remember to check other ones. I guess I'm just self-absorbed. (here's a secret: sometimes I feel like my life is sucky, too). I'm very, very tired of being single. Very, Very tired.
very, very,......and my boys are at Lee's this week so I am alone every night....boo hoo....