I feel like my visit with Steven was way too short. But he did manage to get a lot done before he left for Alaska. The day after he got paid, he went and bought himself a new tattoo. This is his fifth one and the largest so far. I am not real sure what the significance of the Ace of Spades is, but it has something to do with his platoon. It is probably better that I don't know. I think it looks pretty cool never the less. I may got one myself some day...not an Ace of Spades though.
I can hardly believe my oldest daughter is now a "tween". That means she is not a teenager yet but not a little kid either. This just means it won't be long and we will start seeing the hormones raging. She has already started getting a little moody from time to time. It should be interesting. This coming school year I will have one in grade school, one in middle school, and one in high school. An interesting note...Carmel and Sara will not be in the same school again until Sara is a Senior and Carmel is a Freshmen. That is a long time from now, incredible!!!
This morning as I was laying in bed, trying to get awake enough to start my day, Patrick came in to show me the hair cut his friend had given him last night. It was horrible. It was totally uneven and looked pretty sad. He said he needed to go and get it fixed. I was quite shocked that he was willing to go to a salon and actually let someone try and fix it. He has always been so concerned that they would cut it way too short. But who am I to complain...it may actually be an improvement. And we were both right...it was cut pretty short and it is definately an improvement. See for yourself. I think he looks handsome and mature. All he said was "Stop taking my picture." He seems to like it, though it may take a while to get used to it.
Last but not least...Carmel...the silly one. I think she is just a mess. There are times I really love being with her, and there are other times when she drives me absolutely crazy. She is quite the little stinker...way too smart for her own good. I expect to see great things from her in the future. She will no doubt be a leader in this family. I see her potential every day, her potential to succeed at anything she wants in life. I have no fear that she will get walked all over or treated badly...she is way too stubborn and independent for any of that.
These are my kids. I love them all to no end. I love them all for different reasons. They are the lights of my life and I thank God every day that they are who they are. They are not perfect, but they are mine and I appreciate them despite their imperfections. The End.

3 comments:
I am way behind on reading your blo, sorry....I am working on catching up. I must get on to bed tonight though.
Love ya!
what a nice update! Love patricks hair. Your family is super special. It's hard for me to read your blog without crying, they are all growing up, and so fast!!!Of course that is normal and I'm very glad for that. keep writing!
love ya sis!
b
I tried writing a comment on the day that you blogged but I could not get signed on correctly so it wouldn't accept it. Now I am signed in and here goes: I love Patrick's hair. He looks so much older and more mature just having his hair short. Isn't that interesting? The girls are cute as buttons and the family pics are great. Glad I have my own to look at whenever I am in the great room. Hope to see you again soon! Love, Mom
Post a Comment