Saturday the 24th was a slow to start day. We hung out in the room for a while, had some coffee, ate some cereal, and watched some TV. The boys went to Steven's room on base to get a few things and I caught up on my blogging and Facebooking. I got to chat with Jimmy online for a bit.
We went to Food Factory for lunch. A nice place with a fun atmosphere and good food. I had a hot turkey, bacon, and cheese sandwich. Very delicious. Demi joined us for lunch and then she drove us out to the Alaskan Pipeline. Not a very long drive, sort of reminded me of the drive on I-40 from NC to Tenn. Locally, it was a clear day, but off to the South it was a little overcast.
The pipeline was interesting. Amazing to think that there is crude oil running through it to the refinery. The more interesting part was the discovery that gas prices here are so much more than at home, and the gas comes from here. Unreal.
After seeing the views of the mountains, we drove through the campus of the Univ of Alaska. A very nice campus, hopefully we will get to the museum at some point. Maybe the skies will be clearer and we can see further in the distance. We stopped to order a pizza and headed back to the room for some relaxation time.
The four of us played games and watched some TV. I tried to get online but my computer was having problems, either that or the internet was not working correctly. I eventually gave up and went to bed. I am still going to bed before everyone else, but this morning I did manage to sleep later than I have since we got here. I bet I will just get used to the time difference and we will be heading home and I will have to readjust to Eastern time. Oh well. That's life.
Today we are taking it really easy. I think we are going to a movie later and I need to go and get a few things to send home before we leave. Can't say what, because it's a surprise. I hope Jimmy and the girls have fun at the movie premeire tonight, oh yeah...and my parents too. I look forward to hearing all about it.
I'll try to post again tonight, if the computer cooperates. Love to you all.
2 comments:
You've been in town, and you didn't even tell me you were coming! Shame on you, Mary :) Hope to see you while you are here :)
The movie premiere was great! The girls did such a fine job. We got to meet the star of the movie (Ben Pucket?) That pipeline is awesome, for sure.
Post a Comment