Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry at last...

I know it has been awhile since I last posted, I am very sorry for that. I have been trying to deal with some personal issues and have not been in the right frame of mind to post anything. But, with help from many very special people, I am beginning to feel better and am ready to give a brief update on the latest in our family.

The most exciting thing, is that Sara and I went to a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last night. We have been patiently waiting for this movie ever since it got bumped from its original release date, due to the release of Twilight, back in Nov. Not that I didn't love seeing Twilight, I was thrilled to see it. But it really sucked that we had to wait an additional 7 months to see Harry.

Anyway, since I have never been to an early showing/late night showing of any movie I was a little anxious about how early we should get to the theater. I had bought tickets online so I know we had seats, but I just wanted to make sure we would get good seat locations. So at about 10:40 I woke Sara up from her nap (which I wasn't lucky enough to get) and we headed over to the theater. I was pleased to see that the crowds weren't too big...yet. People were just starting to trickle in. We picked up our reserved tickets without any problems and headed straight into the closest, nearly empty, theater. They were showing it in about 6 theaters, I think. I was so glad to see that there were plently of empty seats and we picked 2 right in the middle of the upper section of stadium seats and claimed them for our own. I left Sara there to protect our seats and went to get a soda (I needed the caffiene) and a pretzel, since it had been several hours since dinner and Sara was hungry.

We ate our pretzel while we watched the theater fill up with all sorts of people, some in costume. There were people of all different ages, though not too many young kids. It was cool to see. What a diverse audience Harry Potter attracts. We were seated at about 11:15 so we had quite a long wait before show time, but it was worth it to have the prime seats. We passed the time erasing contact numbers from my old cell phone (Sara's new cell) and talking about the upcoming (well, Feb 2010) movie, The Lightning Thief. Sara is so excited about the books being made into movies.

Once the theater started to dim the lights, everyone began to cheer, it set the mood nicely. Of course, there are the million previews to sit though, but that was cool. We saw the previews of New Moon and The Lightning Thief. So it was worth the wait. Then the featured movie started and the mood really changed. I was so exciting.

I won't give away any details about the movie...you should see it for yourselves. But let me just say, it did not disappoint. We both absolutely loved it. It was a nice experience to share with Sara.

We left the theater at about 2:45 and headed home to bed. Neither of us was sure we would be able to fall asleep, so I watched TV for about 5 min and fell asleep dreaming of Harry and Sara continued reading The Lightning Thief for the second time in 1 month. I am not sure what time she fell asleep, but I know she slept late this morning, so she is well rested none the less.

Today we will be just hanging out at the house and maybe go swimming. I do have a meeting to attend at 2:30, but otherwise...I am free to do nothing if I choose to do so. I will do my best to post again soon to fill in the blanks about what we have been up to this summer. I will leave it at...so far so good.

3 comments:

Fran said...

I am sooooo glad you finally posted gain. I am anxious to see the newest harry Potter as well as the one just before it. Thanks for making it available. Love ya, Mom

Wayne said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you guys could do that. The Lightning Thief teaser looked freakin' awesome. I'm so relieved. Those books have been such a big part of our lives (through Sofia) for the past 4 years that I was glad to see nothing that bothered me. I know it was just a teaser, but it looked first-rate. Enough to tell that we're in capable hands.

Lynn said...

If I had kids your kids ages I would probably read those lightening books, too. But I am a parent of the harry Potter generation. I keep forgetting there is a movie out. I need to find someone to go with to the movie.