Why is it that when you finally get a chance to sleep late...you can't. I have had to get up early (at least, I think it is early) every day for the past week. I was so looking forward to sleeping in this morning. It is perfect sleeping weather. It is cool, but not too cold. The kids were all sleeping, until Carmel woke up after a bad dream. It was a nice sleeping type morning, and I couldn't seem to fall back asleep after my morning trip to the potty. What I would give to be able to sleep through the night without having to go to the bathroom. The only times I get to do that is if I take some type of sleeping pill, and I really don't like to do that if I can help it.
The other thing that is kinda weird about my sleep time is the dreams I keep having. I frequently dream of babies. Not because I want one or anything, it may be because I take care of them in my line of work. But I don't know, maybe I am being given a sign that I need to be doing something else with my life. Is it a sign that I need to go back to school and fulfil my initial dream of being a Nurse Midwife? Interesting thought. While I might really love to do that...there is no way I can afford school, either the money part or the time away from family part. Do I regret not going on in college while I had the chance? No I don't think so. I really do love what I do. Maybe I just need to pursue the doula role. I really did feel honored to have been part of my nephew and his wife's delivery, it was one of the most magical moments, aside from the birth of my own kids.
Where was I going with all of this? I'm not sure. I sometimes start typing and can't make myself stop. I have no real purpose to this post...just some random thoughts, I suppose. Not very interesting to most, but helps me get some things out of my head and into cyberspace. It gets way too crowded in my head sometimes. I have to declutter occasionally. Now that that is done, I smell muffins cooking downstairs and am sure to be getting some real soon, with coffee I hope. I hope everyone has a great Sunday. God bless you all.
3 comments:
You would make a great nurse id-wife! That was my life long dream but I got too old to pursue. You are not too old. You might be able to get educ. fin. help with the new administration that is on board in one month. I hope you might consider doing this while you are still young enough. I was fifty something when I started in that program at UF. I couldn't handle working full time plus eventually schooling nearly full time. I couldn't afford to cut back on work hours. I did not have any financial help available. So I gave it up. Don't give up your dream. :)
Didn't realize I had dropped the M on mid-wife until I had published and since I don't think one can edit their comments, you are stuck with my "id-wife" :)
This reminds me of Tag's question of what would be your dream job. If I didn't have to have a regular paycheck I would love to be a labor doula also. I could do it now that the kids are all independent. Except for the part about needing money to pay the bills. I could be on call for those and do art and volunteering in the rest of my time. But I first have to find a regular source of income or win the lottery which I never buy a ticket for. :)
Post a Comment